Upgrading

In the 3.5 version of photos, I will be requiring previous users run an upgrade script to add additional EXIF data from the photos into the database (to allow searching on that data). I ran it last night on my 3500 photos. I used the ‘all at once’ option and it ran for 18 minutes and worked exactly as expected. I’ll be using this beta of 3.5 for a week or two then release a public beta.

I’ve gotten a couple months behind (tasks, PHP Doc System, work, sports, life, etc.) on entering my photos into my own database so I’ll be testing the new version as I catch up. I already have a couple of little usability enhancements I think might sneak in this release.

This post is part of the project: Photos. View the project timeline for more context on this post.