tasks 3.0 alpha 2

I’ve completed the 3rd of 5 milestones I’ve got set for the multi-user version of tasks.

  1. Create user and config tables and move preferences and config settings into the database.
  2. Create/manage users/groups.
  3. Create session/login functionality.
  4. Add “Ownership” to tasks (also add to search, list sort, etc.).
  5. Final product.

So far, things are going quite well. I’ve only come across a few things I hadn’t originally thought of (for example, when you delete a user, what to do with tasks assigned to that user – several options on that). I did quite a bit of refactoring and reorganizing as well in this version, this is always a good thing.

This post is part of the project: Tasks Pro™. View the project timeline for more context on this post.