I’ve got some good ideas for speeding up the data entry in photos that I plan to put into the next version. I’ve been falling behind on my photo data entry so I might as well improve the process before spending the time to get the data in.
I’m going to get the current tasks development all wrapped up before changing gears and working on photos again, but here are some of the things I want to do in the upcoming releases.
- Upgrade to latest version of Exifer.
- Add support for Exposure in Canon 300D.
- Localization – the longer I wait, the more work it becomes.
- Bug fixes.
This could be photos 4.5:
- Support for groups/albums/rolls – however you want to call it.
- Add ‘browse’ bar w/ previous and next links.
- Adding data to multiple photos at once (editable list).
- Select multiple photos and change data about them (for example ‘indoor’ to ‘outdoor’).
- Improve image quality trying various techniques (imagecopyresampled).
This could be photos 5.0:
- Support for additional image formats.
- Export to web gallery applications.
- Slideshow export.
This could be Photos Pro 1.0:
- Multi-user support.
- Allow ‘browse only’/guest access.
- Support for linking photos together as ‘versions’ of the same photo (print version, web version, thumbnail, etc.).