Wow. I have to admit I didn’t realize there was so much I’d have to do after I finished the actual coding of Tasks Pro™ before I could release.
Granted, I tend to be a little more thorough on things like this than some people are, but I feel that if you aren’t going to do something properly – why bother?
In the last 2 1/2 weeks I have:
- Built a web site; including designing and constructing the back end, writing all the content, taking the screenshots (twice, ugh), etc.
- Set up a demo install of the product, complete with sample demo data (thanks Mom), certain functionality (e-mail notifications, etc.) disabled and a script to restore the demo data every night.
- Set up a system to allow people to have a free 14 day trial.
- Set up an on-line store.
- Written gobs and gobs and gobs of documentation (and it’s still fairly shallow).
- Lots of other odds and ends.
I have a new appreciation for everything that goes into getting a product to market. It’s a big job.
Oh, and I will never add another feature without writing the associated documentation at the same time. At least that is what I’m telling myself. 😉
This post is part of the project: Tasks Pro™. View the project timeline for more context on this post.