I’ve officially released Tasks 2.0!
This release brings all the improvements that were made in Tasks Pro™ back to the single user version. The Tasks 2.0 license is priced at $29.95 and there is a 21 Day Free Trial available for you to test out all the changes and improvements (except file uploads which are disabled in the trial).
Here is a partial list of new features:
- Built-in Security – Keep your data private without having to edit server configuration files.
- Notes – Store ideas and related information anywhere in the tree.
- File Uploads – Attach files to tasks and notes.
- Time Tracking – Keep track of how long you spend on each task.
- Preferences/Settings – No more editing a text file to change your settings.
- Better Performance – Pages load about 5 times faster on average.
- Unlimited URLs – No more 3 URL limit.
- RSS Feeds – Monitor status on specific tasks and let others do the same.
- Auto-expand on Home Page – View your home page with the tasks already expanded up to 4 levels deep.
- Sort by Due Date – Proper sorting by due date on the home screen, tree view and list views.
- Edit Multiple Tasks – Select multiple tasks in the list views and apply changes to all of them at once.
- Themes – Choose from supplied options or make your own.
- Friendly Install Script – A great installer including an ‘upgrade from tasks 1.x’ option.
- Improved Documentation – Tasks 2.0 includes real documentation, not just an FAQ.
Thank you to all my great beta testers, I appreciate the help getting this ready to go over the last few months.
If you donated $10 or more during the Tasks 1.x development, you should have received an e-mail with a discounted price. If you didn’t receive the e-mail, please let me know and I’ll get you the discount.