Finally, Tasks Pro™ 1.5 is ready (I hope) for a beta release! In software development, beta means (well, is supposed to mean) that the release in question is feature complete – it’s a very nice milestone. This should be fairly polished for an initial beta, but I’m still in the
Version 1.5 adds recurring tasks, task templates, favorites, an improved admin interface and the ability to send e-mail notifications to other users when saving a task and a variety of other enhancements.
For those that were using the alpha releases, here are some of the changes since alpha 3:
- Ability to deploy task templates from the mobile interface.
- Added Edit and Mark Complete commands to the tasks in the Favorites list.
- Make cookies that remember open and closed tasks user specific (so that multiple users on the same computer have unique settings).
- Add prompts to apply changes to future recurring tasks.
- Add prompts to delete future recurring tasks.
- Added a script to activate recurring tasks (and added documentation for it).
- Added the ability to display files in the browser instead of just downloading them.
- Changed the iCalendar VTODO export to be more compatible with other iCalendar software.
- Added the ability to clear due dates or extend due dates by N days when modifying multiple tasks at once (from a list).
- Added an option to show the day of the week a task is due instead of the number of days.
- Removed and optimised a lot of code and fixed all reported bugs in the previous alpha.
I look forward to hearing your feedback on the beta mailing list.
This post is part of the project: Tasks Pro™. View the project timeline for more context on this post.