- Rain Design has definitely taken a page out of the Apple book regarding product packaging – the box is quite nice.
- FedEx Home Delivery (their cheapest option) for here from the Bay Area in 3+ days (ordered Monday).
- It really does cool the laptop. My PowerBook was running at 126+ degrees sitting on the iCurve, after being on the iLap for about 5 minutes it is down to 113+ degrees – not bad.
- The padded roll that your forarms rest pushes the laptop an extra 3 inches away from your body – no quite an uncomfortable distance but definitely quite a ways with the 17″ laptop.
- The level at which the laptop is set is comfortable for typing.
- The hinged “foot” on the back of the unit is looser than I expected. It will happily flap around on its own.
- After an hour or so of use, the PowerBook has risen to 115+ degrees, not bad at all.
- This thing is exactly the width of my PowerBook – I certainly wouldn’t mid it being an inch wider on each side.
- Down to 112+ degrees now…
Ironically, The Gadgeteer posted a favorable review of the iLap this week.