I’ve been working hard on stuff for the upcoming FeedLounge launch all weekend, so I haven’t found time to write up the kind of year-end recaps I’ve enjoyed reading on other blogs I frequent. I’ll try to hit the highlights though, it’s been quite a year:
- January – I finally have to buy a windows laptop.
- February – I’m doing a bit of consulting, resulting in traveling, and I decide to hold another WordPress theme competition.
- March – Tasks Pro™ 1.5 and Tasks 2.5 are released, along with a new King Design web site. I help Eric with Wetpixel, finally square myself with the CO DMV and announce the winners of the theme competition.
- April – The inevitable .1 releases, a new e-mail policy, work begins on database abstraction for Tasks Pro™ and I take the plunge on a desk chair1 (of which I have no regrets)
- May – I update some of my WordPress plugins and announce a new one. I finally make a public hint about FeedLounge.
- June – FeedLounge is officially announced, Popularity Content is released and I vacation in Nova Scotia – mostly without internet access.
- July – I release a new version of my JS Quicktags2, Popularity Contest wins a prize and people are really excited about FeedLounge.
- August – I release the first beta of Tasks Pro™ 1.6 and create iTunes Stats. The crew starts finishing our basement.
- September – I decide to go less mobile, turn thirty and start working out 4 times a week.
- October – Vebio makes my life a little better, I place my Quad order, Eric comes to town for another project and Tasks 2.6 reaches beta.
- November – Our house is painted, FeedLounge switches to PostgreSQL, Tasks Pro™ 1.6 and Tasks 2.6 reach release candidate status, I break down and finally buy the Quad.
- December – I find desktop and laptop harmony, FeedLounge believes in transparency and I upgrade my mobile toolkit.
And, for you statheads out there, some random blog and site stats.
- 457 blog posts, down from 538 in 2004
- 2436 comments (437 mine), up from 2159 (486 mine) in 2004
- Avg post length 1457 characters, up from a 1210 character post length in 2004
- Total post length 665849 characters, up from 650980 in 2004
- ~4.8 million visits to alexking.org in 2005
It’s been quite a year!
- When you’re logging 40-80 hours of seat time/week, this is a big deal. [back]
- With footnotes! [back]
This post is part of the thread: Year in Review – an ongoing story on this site. View the thread timeline for more context on this post.