I’ve released a second preview (alpha) release of Tasks Pro™ 1.7.
Let me stress that this is an early development preview release. It almost certainly has some bugs, and could behave in unexpected ways. Make a backup before you upgrade. There is also no documentation yet for the tagging features that have been added. You’ve been warned.
If you just want to play with the new features, I recommend making a copy of your database and doing an install on the new database.
This release fixes the bugs already reported in alpha 1 and adds a little polish to the Tags screen. I’ve created a new thread for feedback on the alpha 2 release.
In my last post, I forgot to mention a few of the features that are already included in this release:
- Showing the “Closing Notes” form when the Mark Complete button is clicked is now a per-user option.
- Ability to add time when marking a task complete (if you have “Closing Notes” enabled).
- Icon to indicate recurring tasks.
- Attached files are now links in the RSS feeds.
- Task URLs are included in the iCalendar item description, since Google Calendar seems to ignore the URL field.
- Latest version of PHP iCalendar and ADOdb.
- A number of minor bug fixes.
There are still a few little things that will likely find their way into the .7 release, but I think it makes the most sense to wrap the current features and get tagging out in both Tasks Pro™ and Tasks sooner rather than later.