I’ve decided to get one more beta release out before the release candidates I planned to push out next week. The changes in this version are small, but potentially significant:
- Reduce the number of CSS and JS files being downloaded per page.
- GZIP the page and much of the CSS and JS being downloaded.
- Updated the included PHP iCalendar to version 2.22.
As the client-side functionality in Tasks Pro™ and Tasks has grown over the years, the page footprint has grown as well. These changes should help reduce that footprint and speed up page load time. I’ve got some more fundamental changes in this area planned for future releases, but this should be a decent stop-gap solution.
If anything doesn’t seem right, please let me know in the forums.