A few days ago my Performancing Ad price was set (by their algorithm) at $257.
This morning I got 2 e-mails updating my site’s ad price.
- At 4:45 AM MDT an e-mail notified me that the price dropped to $107.
- At 4:55 AM MDT another e-mail notified me that the price dropped again to $54.
This seemed a bit odd, so I went to the Performancing web site and looked at the site details. There is a section under the price setting that says the following:
The recommended price for your blog currently based on average CPM (cost per thousand) in your category and your estimated daily traffic, is $129.83.
I reloaded the page 20 seconds later and the price dropped to $64.97.
I reloaded the page again 20 seconds later and the price jumped to $130.01.
Clearly, things are in flux with the Performancing pricing right now.
While they sort this out, I’m manually setting my price to the original $257 they first determined.
If When the price algorithm stabilizes, I may turn their auto-pricing back on.