This version has an important bug fix for a problem in earlier betas of 1.5 that didn’t properly throttle requests to Twitter.
If you are using a 1.5 beta – this is a must upgrade situation.
There are also a bunch of new features:
- Weekly digests.
- Updates to match Twitter API changes so that “in reply to” links are properly created
- Ability to exclude @replies from daily and weekly digests and blog posts
- added support for hashtags (linked to search.twitter.com)
- Made URLs in blog posts clickable (using the tweet to blog post feature).
- abstracted all API endpoints and URLs so that it can theoretically support any service that implements the Twitter API
- Fixed the duplicate custom field issue for people running WordPress 2.6+.
- Numerous other tweaks and fixes.
The download and more information are available on my WordPress Plugins page.
This post is part of the project: Twitter Tools. View the project timeline for more context on this post.