This year, unlike previous years, my blog is less of a good record of the past 365 days. It’s a combination of being a lot busier due to the growth at Crowd Favorite, and working on more client projects that I can’t talk about as they happen the same way I can with things I’m building for myself.
This year was a year of many starts and few finishes. I have too many projects still in a state of “mostly working, not quite ready for release”. I’m pleased with the base that I’ve built in 2008, and I’m hoping that 2009 will see much of this work come to fruition.
- January – I took a quick trip to the Bay Area with ShareThis for the Open Web Awards. By far the biggest news of the month is the new office space and getting settled in. This has worked out quite well, and pretty much feels like home now.
- February – sell some stuff on eBay for the first time, take another quick trip to the Bay Area and continue busting tail to get everything set up in the new office.
- March – I pick up the Air and take it with me to visit the ShareThis team. I enjoy my (almost) annual weekend golfing to Phoenix and a quick trip to Minnesota for a wedding. WordPress 2.5 comes out and my plugins aren’t all ready.
- April – I take another quick trip to the Bay Area, this time for the Google App Engine launch. Other than that, it’s head’s down working. I do get a new plugin released.
- May – Addictomatic launches and I take a trip to Seattle to visit family.
- June – I present at Refresh Denver and Crowd Favorite continues to expand.
- July – .me domains launch, I manage to duck jury duty.
- August – Addictomatic is updated. The DNC is held a couple blocks from our office and I take a trip to New York to see Yankee Stadium.
- September – JabberWerx AJAX is released. I start podcasting with some friends and I present at WordCamp Utah.
- October – The public launch of Carrington and I enjoy a long weekend golfing in South Carolina.
- November – I speak at Widget Summit 08, get Carrington hosted publicly on Google Code and upgrade to the Bold while in Minnesota for Thanksgiving.
- December – Keep my head above water while end of year projects are feverishly accomplished.
For you statheads out there, I’ve continued the blog/site stats.1
|Posts||Avg. Length||Total Length||Comments (Mine)|
This post is part of the thread: Year in Review – an ongoing story on this site. View the thread timeline for more context on this post.