- Rands In Repose: The Twinge – great stuff, as usual (finally catching up on my InstaPaper).
- ongoing by Tim Bray – HTML5 and the Web -
Right now, there are certain classes of applications, particularly on mobile devices, where you’re going to get a better result by building a native app. Maybe even by building two or three native apps, for iPhone and Android and webOS. This is entirely orthogonal to the “Webbiness” (or not) of the technologies.
- Steve Huffman on Lessons Learned at Reddit | Carsonified – I feel good that most of these are already becoming my default architecture approxh.
- A pixel is not a pixel is not a pixel – QuirksBlog – really interested to play with this.
- Surfin’ Safari – Blog Archive – High DPI Web Sites – interesting. I assume that SVG looks a lot better than it did last time I tried to use it and gave up.
- The Right Way to Cancel a Meeting – thanks Ryan.
- Finally! Twins 6, Yankees 3 -AaronGleeman.com – the winning percentage by team is interesting.
- FactoryCity – Two tastes better together: Combining OpenID and OAuth with OpenID Connect – this stuff is hard.
- Alex Payne – Something New – whoa, congratulations to Alex. I remember Matt talking about this idea a while back as well.
- tecosystems – Beyond Cassandra: Facebook, Twitter and the Future of Development – great coverage here.
- EMAIL AND BACON – brilliant.
- TechStars – Second Order Effects
- Who You Gonna Call? – Improv Everywhere – it’s almost with moving to New York to get a chance to see one of these in person.
- BBC News – ‘Artificial life’ breakthrough announced by scientists – um, wow.
- AT&T to Raise Fees for iPhone Contract Breakers – NYTimes.com – I don’t mind this, what I mind is carriers not selling equal plans without contracts.
- New Internationalization feature in the WordPress TextMate Bundle | The Gippy Pages – Parker continues on his quest to lure me to TextMate.
- Steven Frank – Here are some things you should know about Snow Leopard and Google Contact Sync – I ran into a bunch of these issues and a few others when I tried this a while back, I use MobileMe just for contact sync.
- Evil – Tom Scott – The question remains if “privacy” is just something the get-off-of-my-lawn set cares about.
- wireless router glitch solved?? – Nexus One Forum – Google Phone Forum – I’m seeing this issue too. Am going to try locking the channel first, but it may be a somewhat fatal issue as everything else works great on the network.
- Open Android vs. Closed iPhone – Some good discussion in the comments.
- Conditional comments block downloads / Stoyan’s phpied.com – this sucks but I think I’ll still use them.
- Infrastructures (xkcd) | Eric Cheng’s Journal – heh.
- Steve Ballmer iPad Review – 1938 Media – heh
Capsule, The Developer’s Code Journal
I’m very pleased today to announce the release of Capsule, the developer’s code journal. Capsule replaces the scratch document you have…