With a little help on the wiring side, I managed to reconfigured our home network this week. Changes:
- Configure DSL modem in bridge mode and set up router to handle the, um, routing.1
- A hard line run through the wall from the office to the basement.
- A gigabit switch set up in the basement.
- Blu-Ray player (also does Netflix and Amazon streaming) hooked up to new switch.
- ReadyNAS box configured and installed in basement, hooked up to new switch.
- Set up sparse disk image on NAS for SuperDuper backups.
- Music server enabled on NAS.
I’ve been putting off most of this for a long time, feels good to finally have it set up.
- Ran into the device limit supported by the modem’s built-in router. [back]