- How to count column values with MySQL queries – useful!
- Marco.org – Not being That Guy whose music you hear on the subway because his earbuds are cranked so loudly that you might as well be wearing them – I’ve been trying to make a decision on new headphones.
- A List Apart: Articles: ARIA and Progressive Enhancement – and people say making websites is easy…
- Trains vs Planes, with numbers: – sogrady.me – Unfortunately Denver isn’t close enough to other metro areas for this to be feasible for me, but I loved taking the train from Boston to Maine last summer.
- Verizons 4G LTE Network Initial Impressions – gonna need bigger caps with that speed.
- SSD + Photoshop – I hadn’t realized there were still people out there that didn’t know the speed of their computer is nearly entirely tied to the speed of the hard drive.
- Official Google Reader App Comes to Android – I was investigating how to adjust the CSS for the web version because the touchable list items were too small. This is welcome relief, but the list items are now *huge* – probably double the web version.
- Verizon LTE Blows Through Monthly Data Cap in 32 Minutes | News & Opinion | PCMag.com – people are just now realizing this?
- Mac Must Have: Hazel – this looks very interesting.
- CodeIgniter in 2011: Reactor, Core, & UserVoice | CodeIgniter – News – I get what they are trying to do here, but I’m moving to Kohana.
- It All Changes When the Founder Drives a Porsche – good post by Micah, but I’d bet on Groupon being the next Digg, not the next Facebook.
- Translation from PR-speak to Star-Wars-speak of Selected Portions of Amazons Message Regarding Their Termination of Wikileaks an an AWS Customer – brilliant!
- CALM Act approved by Congress, should make TV commercials slightly less obnoxious – our tax dollars at work.
- About Tiger Woods’ New Putter – Nike’s gonna sell a bunch of these. I’ve been looking at some pretty new putters the last year or two, but I’m putting well with mine so no changes are planned.
- The Big Economic Story, and Why Obama Isn’t Telling It – “Im tired of seeing the same story play out: Republicans present a coherent and incendiary (and usually completely false) narrative that appeals to the ignorant and is repeated often enough by the media that its perceived as truth, and the Democrats respond with ineffective compromise and a complete lack of a competing narrative.” well said.
- Quickly add Open Graph to WordPress theme – could easily be turned into a plugin…
On Selling Crowd Favorite
On Friday Karim and I signed the final papers to bring my Crowd Favorite team together with his VeloMedia team. Whew! I’ve told the story of…