My company, Crowd Favorite, is looking for the right person to join our team as a technical project manager (some shops call this position a “producer”). It’s a pretty interesting and challenging role, and an opportunity to work with a great team, the latest web technologies and a range of very interesting clients (startups to Fortune 500).
You will be charged with the success of interesting and challenging projects, while keeping our clients happy and engaged. Existing experience with WordPress will definitely be helpful as well. Day to day activities include:
- building a collaborative working relationship with our clients
- championing our clients’ best interests
- championing our clients’ users’ best interests
- a willingness to work with client requests, balanced with an understanding of how these requests will impact timeline and budget, and the ability to communicate these things in a collaborative way
- simultaneously managing several 2-5 person teams with overlapping schedules and resources
- identifying and managing and/or escalating issues that arise within projects (scheduling, quality, client pivot requests, etc.)
- coordinating with our team to make sure the project is on track and is striving to meet the client’s overall goals
- running internal meetings and meetings with clients, taking minutes, tracking next steps, clarifying requirements, documentation, etc.
- receiving technical information from our development team, understanding it, and being able to deliver it in layman’s terms (when needed) to a client
- tracking project and budget status (with the ability to identify early if we’re going off track)
- identifying client requests that are outside the current project scope vs. those that are within the spirit of the project parameters
- holding everyone accountable to agreed upon deadlines
- the ability to take the temperature of the room and speak to people accordingly
- understanding the full lifecycle of a project
- understanding the importance of delivering both good and bad news, and a willingness to do so
If you are organized, self-motivated, love to help create brilliant things for the web, and want to work with a great team in beautiful Denver, CO – I want to hear from you.