Can’t wait for that iPhone 4 on Verizon? If you aren’t already a Verizon customer and don’t want to wait until Feb 10th, here’s what to do.
- Go sign up for a Verizon account today and purchase the cheapest phone they have, without a subsidy.
- Don’t use the cheap phone.
- Get online at 3AM US/Eastern (Midnight US/Pacific) on Feb 3rd, and order your iPhone 4 (with the 2-year contract subsidy).
- After receiving your iPhone 4, return the cheap phone you purchased for a full refund.
There you have it.
I’m going to wait for the iPhone 5. So far I’ve always skipped one generation of iPhone1 and even for me it seems a bit extreme buy a phone that will be replaced in less than 6 months.
- I had the original, skipped the 3G, had the 3GS and am currently skipping the 4G. [back]