- Re: Hackers bypass .htaccess security by using GETS rather than GET – Interesting. I don’t know of many apps relying on 401 auth in .htaccess these days, but it’s still good to know about this. (thanks Dougal)
- You Are Solving The Wrong Problem Aza on Design – great food for thought here. (thanks John)
- Why you should never ask permission to clean up code | That’s What I Thought – “My advice to you, dear developer, is to never ask for permission for things you know are vital to your work.”
- Non-Disclosure Agreements: Why is asking a potential investor to sign an NDA in connection with a pitch meeting commonly viewed as a faux pas? – Quora – “As a practical matter, in the vast majority of circumstances, NDAs are virtually worthless as a means of protecting your intellectual property. Let’s start with my last statement which, coming from an IP lawyer, is likely to be most controversial. Pragmatically, any agreement or contract is only effective to the extent it’s enforceable. In theory, if you make someone sign an NDA and they subsequently misappropriate your IP (either by using it or disclosing it), you have a variety of legal claims you could throw at them, some of which might well stick. Yet in my 14-year career representing tech companies, I have never once seen any of my clients get involved in a lawsuit regarding an NDA, on either side.”
- Ian Squires: Conservative Pie; Republicans Introduce Legislation Redefining Pi as Exactly 3 – I hadn’t realized that the Huffington Post was reblogging stories from The Onion.
- Hashed – a nice looking PwdHash client for iOS.
- Adam Tow MsgFiler 3.0.1 Review | Macworld – “MsgFiler is one of my must-have apps, and I wouldnt be using Mail without it.” 4.5 Mice on MacWorld!
- How We Got Owned by a Few Teenagers (and Why It Will Never Happen Again) | PHP Fog Blog – Ugh! I’ve had that “I put that off and got burned” feeling before (on a much smaller scale), not fun.
- iOS device and OS version stats from Instapaper 3.0 – I only wish there was an official Instapaper client for Android so we could contrast those stats to these.
- Android openness withering as Google withholds Honeycomb code – unless Open is baked in to the culture at ever level (Mozilla), it’s not really there.
- A New 30″ Contender: HP ZR30w Review – AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News – Really glad people are still making 30″ monitors since mine are getting up in years. I like Apple’s 27″ LED, but can’t imagine giving up screen real estate in an “upgrade”.
- Best app store review ever – mike’s posterous – This is quite good. (thanks John)
On Selling Crowd Favorite
On Friday Karim and I signed the final papers to bring my Crowd Favorite team together with his VeloMedia team. Whew! I’ve told the story of…