I’m looking for a bright, motivated individual to join our team as a project manager.
At Crowd Favorite we build cool things for the web. You will join us to enjoy the privilege of working with great clients and a sharp and dedicated team on fun and challenging projects.
The project manager position is a management role – but we have a very flat structure and a collaborative team atmosphere. You will be coordinating with clients to understand their project requirements and to provide ideas and suggestions as to how projects can be improved. At the same time you will coordinate our internal resources to produce top quality work on time. You’ll do all of this while managing expectations on both sides to keep things running smoothly. It’s a challenging role, but you’ll have the support of a talented and experienced team that can really deliver for you.
You should have the following core qualities and experience:
- The ability to “get things” quickly. This isn’t a place for the complacent. We enjoy the chance to play with new technology and are always taking on new challenges.
- The desire to organize and manage and a willingness to juggle. Each project has its own unique path with challenges that arise throughout. The project manager has key responsibility throughout the project’s entire life cycle.
- A general understanding of how web technologies work and interact. We build things from the ground up, we customize, we integrate. You’ll learn something new on each project, but there has to be a solid base to start from.
- A willingness to make decisions, even if they end up being mistakes. Mistakes happen, it’s how we learn. The key is to make them with good intentions and to always make new ones.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and an understanding of nuance.
- High standards and a willingness to stand up and say so if you believe standards aren’t being met.
- You do not need to have prior project management experience.
This position is available immediately in our Denver office, and we are only considering local candidates1 at this time.
All of this sound good? I hope so, and I look forward to hearing from you.
- We are willing to consider candidates who wish to relocate to Denver. [back]