Does photos import IPTC data?
As of version 4.0b3, the answer is yes! Here are the details on how it works.
- When adding a single photo, IPTC data is read when the photo is selected and displayed (the data is already in the form fields).
- When adding a group of photos, the IPTC data is read as each photo is processed and saved. The data added about the group of photos is maintained with the IPTC data appended to it. The exception here is the Photographer field, if the photographer is specified in the IPTC data, it overrides the data set in the group data.
- The Caption IPTC field is put into the photos Title field.
- The Location IPTC field is put into the photos Location field.
- The State IPTC field is put into the photos State field.
- The Country IPTC field is put into the photos Country field.
- The Category and Keyword IPTC fields are put into the photos Keywords field (separated by spaces).
- The rest of the IPTC fields are added to the photos Description field.
Last Modified: January 15, 2004 @ 7:37 pm