Last week, I released a CSS Style Switcher hack that lets visitors easily change the look of the standard WordPress install by swapping out the CSS stylesheet. This is a great first step, but it would be even better if there were a number of different styles out there for people to use.
To this end, I’m sponsoring a CSS Style Competition for WordPress. Please blog about this to help spread the word. 🙂
Styles will be posted on my WordPress CSS Styles page as they are submitted. Visit this page to download example Styles.
- First Place
- Second Place
- Third Place
- All entrants
- Your style with your name and a link to your web site listed on my WordPress CSS Styles page under a ‘Contestants’ title.
- Your design must be an original work and you must release it under the GPL license (you retain copyright).
- You can enter as many different designs as you want.
- Your design must be for the default WordPress 1.0.1 template. Don’t forget the Comments section – click the ‘Comments’ link on the sample page to see that area.
- The styling should be done using cross-platform CSS techniques and can include images, etc. following the structure used for my CSS Style Switcher hack.
- Designs I deem to be offensive will not be included.
- You must submit your entry by 11:59pm PST, Friday February 6, 2004.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, February 9, 2004.
Let the games begin!
UPDATED 2004-01-26: Added additional prize money.
UPDATED (again) 2004-01-26: Feb 9th is Monday, not Feb 12th.
UPDATED (again) 2004-01-26: Added additional prize money.
UPDATED 2004-02-02: Added more prize money for 3rd place.