I’ve been using the Logitech MX Revolution for a little while now.
- Rechargeable battery and cradle.
- Free spinning scroll wheel. It’s just fun.
- Accurate mouse tracking.
- Immediately available when I turn it on – no needing to move it around to get it “recognized”.
- Battery level display.
- Not bad looking.
- Can’t find a way to replace the rechargeable battery – doesn’t seem to use AAs. This means I can’t shove in standard batteries if it dies completely. This hasn’t been an issue yet.
- No ‘scroll wheel click’ button, as pressing the scroll wheel toggles between free-spin and click-spin mode for the scroll wheel.
- Side thumb buttons are too high to easily press.
- All the thumb stuff makes it harder for me to grasp the mouse from the sides as I’m accustomed to.
The lack of a button action when clicking the scroll wheel should have been a deal-breaker. I’ve used this functionality for about 8 years now and it’s completely ingrained in my mousing behavior. However, I like the friction-less scrolling mode of the scroll-wheel and the charging cradle, so I’m actually trying to get used to using a thumb-button to double-click.
Check out the Gadgeteer review too.