WordPress 1.0 is out! You can grab it from the download page.
This is a really big step forward from the .72 release and though he certainly isn’t the only one contributing, Matt deserves a ton of credit for getting it out. I even managed to get my hands dirty and help out a little right at the end.
Some of the features I’ll be enjoying in the new version:
- Meaningful URLs – instead of
the new post URLs look like
the new category URLs look like
As an added bonus, the old URLs still work. 😎
Edit Thislinks next to every post/comment if you are looking at your own blog. These links jump you directly to the item you clicked on in the admin interface. No more going to the admin interface then having to navigate to the post or comment you want to touch up.
- Support for setting multiple categories for a single post. Initially, I didn’t like this idea, but I’ve found myself wanting this feature pretty often lately.
- Comment moderation – this lets you approve comments before they are posted on your site. I don’t know if I’ll turn this on right away, but I’ll definitely use it as I convert my entire site to be WordPress driven.
- An Atom feed – bring on the Atom compatible
- Ability to send trackbacks from posts that are saved as drafts. I will be using the Save as Draft feature a lot more now.
- All of the files are named from a consistent naming scheme – this means less updating of hacks on each release.
I’ll be upgrading this site and my hacks to 1.0 as quickly as I can. I recommend you do the same. 🙂
UPDATE: Some people have had trouble with the initial 1.0 release. There will be an updated (1.0.1?) release shortly.
[…] WordPress 1.0
[General] — csr @ 13:48:29
Alex King avisa que ha salido la 1.0 de WordPress (el soft que hace funcionar este […]
The installation problems people have encountered has also prevented me from upgrading. I hope it is fixed soon.
(Nice blog by the way)
The fix for the login problem is actually quite simple. I’ve posted it in the forums, but there will be a “fixed” release soon.
WordPress 1.0 Released!
I’ve upgraded my WordPress 0.72 to WordPress 1.0 Platinum. I’m really excited about the release because of all the new features that go with it. I’ve been using 0.72 since November 2003 and WP has never failed me – it’s easy to use, the c…
I try to put a blog woth wordpress,
but I can’t make the new URL work
Can you help me ?
can’t find any doc or anything on that here or in the wordpress support forum 🙁
Good product but docs sucks