I’ve finally upgraded to WordPress 1.5 (plus a few patches). Would you believe that I’d still been running 1.0.1 (with a few security fixes)? I never upgraded to 1.2.x because of the slashes bug, so it’s nice to be current again.
A few notes:
- This fix got trackbacks working for me.
- I implemented the alternate coloring for my comments – kinda cool.
- I cleaned up some of my template code – got rid of a few more tables.
- With the super-long (clean) trackback URLs, I had to implement the “URL as link” solution so the long URL didn’t beak my formatting.
- I can now use my own WP Unformatted plugin (disabled autop and texturize on a per post basis)!
- My RSS feed is valid again. The code in this post had broken it in 1.0.1.
- Yes, I implemented my site as a theme. 🙂
- I made the little icons background images in CSS (instead of inline IMGs), removing a little extra code.
- Most of the security bugs that have been reported to date seem to be within the wp-admin folder (which makes sense as all the “dangerous” code is in there). Adding 401 authentication (.htaccess) to that folder seems like a prudent move.
If anything looks broken, please let me know.