Upgraded to WordPress 1.5+

I’ve finally upgraded to WordPress 1.5 (plus a few patches). Would you believe that I’d still been running 1.0.1 (with a few security fixes)? I never upgraded to 1.2.x because of the slashes bug, so it’s nice to be current again.

A few notes:

  • This fix got trackbacks working for me.
  • I implemented the alternate coloring for my comments – kinda cool.
  • I cleaned up some of my template code – got rid of a few more tables.
  • With the super-long (clean) trackback URLs, I had to implement the “URL as link” solution so the long URL didn’t beak my formatting.
  • I can now use my own WP Unformatted plugin (disabled autop and texturize on a per post basis)!
  • My RSS feed is valid again. The code in this post had broken it in 1.0.1.
  • Yes, I implemented my site as a theme. ๐Ÿ™‚
  • I made the little icons background images in CSS (instead of inline IMGs), removing a little extra code.
  • Most of the security bugs that have been reported to date seem to be within the wp-admin folder (which makes sense as all the “dangerous” code is in there). Adding 401 authentication (.htaccess) to that folder seems like a prudent move.

If anything looks broken, please let me know.