I’ve released a second preview (alpha) release of Tasks Pro™ 1.7.
Let me stress that this is an early development preview release. It almost certainly has some bugs, and could behave in unexpected ways. Make a backup before you upgrade. There is also no documentation yet for the tagging features that have been added. You’ve been warned. 🙂
If you just want to play with the new features, I recommend making a copy of your database and doing an install on the new database.
This release fixes the bugs already reported in alpha 1 and adds a little polish to the Tags screen. I’ve created a new thread for feedback on the alpha 2 release.
In my last post, I forgot to mention a few of the features that are already included in this release:
- Showing the “Closing Notes” form when the Mark Complete button is clicked is now a per-user option.
- Ability to add time when marking a task complete (if you have “Closing Notes” enabled).
- Icon to indicate recurring tasks.
- Attached files are now links in the RSS feeds.
- Task URLs are included in the iCalendar item description, since Google Calendar seems to ignore the URL field.
- Latest version of PHP iCalendar and ADOdb.
- A number of minor bug fixes.
There are still a few little things that will likely find their way into the .7 release, but I think it makes the most sense to wrap the current features and get tagging out in both Tasks Pro™ and Tasks sooner rather than later.
This post is part of the project: Tasks Pro™. View the project timeline for more context on this post.
You have any ballpark idea when you’ll get a Tasks beta out, or when the final release will make it?