I got a couple of reports that my WordPress Theme Browser was not working. I checked it out, and sure enough – not working.
This was a bit of a surprise as that code hadn’t changed in years. Turns out, it was the browsers that had changed.
I had moved the theme browser from my site (to reduce server load) to my hosting account at Joyent a long time ago, and set it up on the domain managedtasks.com. The frameset page and the top frame were hosted on alexking.org, while the bottom frame – the theme viewer – was on managedtasks.com.
This combination stopped working because the browsers changed their cookie security settings. If you have your cookies set to “only accept cookies from sites I visit”, then your browser was rejecting the cookie from managedtasks.com (because the URL in your browser was alexking.org).
If this cookie wasn’t set, the proper theme was not displayed; hence the theme browser being
I’ve moved it all onto managedtasks.com now, and everything appears to work again.
Great! I have been wondering when this will have been fixed. Glad to see it up and running again.
Thank goodness for that! I was getting frustrated every time I came to visit and didn’t know how to fix the problem from my end.
Glad to hear this 😀
Great. I’ve been looking for a new theme. There’s no shortage of choices here.
I was wondering how you set up the boolean categories on the theme browser-
this is a function I’d love to use on some sites I’ve built.
This is pretty cool. There are some really nice themes here. Great work from everyone involved.
[…] Theme Browser “Fixed” […]