- Mark Finkle: WebRunner & App Styling
- The Hometown Battle: Boston vs Denver – Micah and I will be in attendence for game 5, should there be one.
- Aaand we’re funded! – congrats to the Socialthing team.
- Otter! – heh.
- Family – this is also why Mac microISVs can do well.
- Everything’s Coming Up Milhouse – my neighbor is talking about replacing his windows box with a Mac and he’s very excited about it.
- Horsing around in the Solomon Islands – serious rig, indeed.
- Unfair, unethical World Series ticket sales – StubHub charges a premium, but seriously reduces headaches.
- Startup Weekend: Room for Improvement – lots of false steps with the Startup Weekend concept so far. I think largely because it’s so loosely defined and the leaders, while having the best of intentions, lack experience in building companies/products/projects.
- Sanitize your input – good stuff.
- Jonathan Schwartz’s Weblog: ZFS Puts Net App Viability at Risk?
Their objectives were clear – number one, they’d like us to unfree ZFS, to retract it from the free software community. Which reflects a common misconception among proprietary companies – that you can unfree, free. You cannot.
- Why Enterprise Software Sucks – this is one of the main reasons I left enterprise software.
- Site-specific browsers and GreaseKit
- A Localization Horror Story – crap, I don’t handle this in my localization code either.
- The Leopard Developer Dance – again? – this is one of the few times when being a web developer results in fewer headaches.
- You Software and Leopard – I use You Control Desktops on my laptop, but don’t envy them now having to compete with “free”.
- Daring Fireball: Leopard – I’m ordering my upgrade through John’s link to support Daring Fireball.
- Happy Leopard Day – pre-installed SVN and a nicer side dock, excellent!
- Life after Text Link Ads –
I’m down to a 4/10 as well, may have to pull the Text Link Ads from this site as wellMy page rank is NA now – I’ve pulled the Text Link Ads from my site.
- I Believe in Murphy’s Law – I’m considering doing a clean install of 10.5 and copying over my data (like I do with a new computer), but probably will just do an upgrade due to time constraints.
- A few Leopard Points – Ethan has me looking forward to upgrading.
- What a nightmare! (Leopard upgrade) – one backup is never enough, and Time Machine is no replacement for a SuperDuper copy. You want both, one Time Machine disk and probably two SuperDuper disks (alternate days).
- David Ascher: Gmail & Thunderbird IMAP Goodness
- IMPORTANT: Upgrade to Spanning Sync v1.1 Before Upgrading to Leopard to Avoid Data Loss – sync is hard, data loss is bad.
- Fixing the Transparent Leopard Menu Bar (without software) – a subtle Leopard menu bar hack.