- Mark Finkle: WebRunner & App Styling
- The Hometown Battle: Boston vs Denver – Micah and I will be in attendence for game 5, should there be one.
- Aaand we’re funded! – congrats to the Socialthing team.
- Otter! – heh.
- Family – this is also why Mac microISVs can do well.
- Everything’s Coming Up Milhouse – my neighbor is talking about replacing his windows box with a Mac and he’s very excited about it.
- Horsing around in the Solomon Islands – serious rig, indeed.
- Unfair, unethical World Series ticket sales – StubHub charges a premium, but seriously reduces headaches.
- Startup Weekend: Room for Improvement – lots of false steps with the Startup Weekend concept so far. I think largely because it’s so loosely defined and the leaders, while having the best of intentions, lack experience in building companies/products/projects.
- Sanitize your input – good stuff.
- Jonathan Schwartz’s Weblog: ZFS Puts Net App Viability at Risk?
Their objectives were clear – number one, they’d like us to unfree ZFS, to retract it from the free software community. Which reflects a common misconception among proprietary companies – that you can unfree, free. You cannot.
- Why Enterprise Software Sucks – this is one of the main reasons I left enterprise software.
- Site-specific browsers and GreaseKit
- A Localization Horror Story – crap, I don’t handle this in my localization code either.
- The Leopard Developer Dance – again? – this is one of the few times when being a web developer results in fewer headaches.
- You Software and Leopard – I use You Control Desktops on my laptop, but don’t envy them now having to compete with “free”.
- Daring Fireball: Leopard – I’m ordering my upgrade through John’s link to support Daring Fireball.
- Happy Leopard Day – pre-installed SVN and a nicer side dock, excellent!
- Life after Text Link Ads –
I’m down to a 4/10 as well, may have to pull the Text Link Ads from this site as wellMy page rank is NA now – I’ve pulled the Text Link Ads from my site.
- I Believe in Murphy’s Law – I’m considering doing a clean install of 10.5 and copying over my data (like I do with a new computer), but probably will just do an upgrade due to time constraints.
- A few Leopard Points – Ethan has me looking forward to upgrading.
- What a nightmare! (Leopard upgrade) – one backup is never enough, and Time Machine is no replacement for a SuperDuper copy. You want both, one Time Machine disk and probably two SuperDuper disks (alternate days).
- David Ascher: Gmail & Thunderbird IMAP Goodness
- IMPORTANT: Upgrade to Spanning Sync v1.1 Before Upgrading to Leopard to Avoid Data Loss – sync is hard, data loss is bad.
- Fixing the Transparent Leopard Menu Bar (without software) – a subtle Leopard menu bar hack.
Capsule, The Developer’s Code Journal
I’m very pleased today to announce the release of Capsule, the developer’s code journal. Capsule replaces the scratch document you have…