A brand spankin’ new version of WordPress Mobile Edition is now available. This is a WordPress plugin that will display a mobile-friendly theme for your site if your site visitor is using a mobile browser.
Here are some of the changes since the 2.x releases:
- New (Carrington-based) theme with more advanced display for advanced mobile browsers. You can see a preview of the theme here.
- Advanced mobile browsers (iPhone, Android, etc.) are now shown the mobile theme by default.
- Special CSS for “touch” browsers like the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry Storm, etc. that make links and buttons nicely finger-sized.
- Admin page to enable adding/editing the list of detected mobile and touch browsers.
- Compatible with the excellent WP SuperCache (latest version).
This is a beta release as we’ve only done internal testing on the new version so far, so be sure to let us know if you run into any trouble with it.
The download and more information are available on my WordPress Plugins page.
This post is part of the project: WP Mobile Edition. View the project timeline for more context on this post.