Version 2.4 of my Twitter Tools plugin for WordPress is now available. Twitter Tools creates a full two-way integration between your WordPress site and Twitter. You can send your posts to Twitter, archive your tweets and create posts from them, and more.
This version has the following changes and is a must upgrade due to Twitter’s authentication changes:
- OAuth integration. The user experience for this sucks. I even screwed it up once when trying to follow the set-up steps while testing. Sorry about this. This process is what Twitter supports for situations like this and though I have a plan for a better experience, we haven’t had time to build it yet. Hopefully we’ll have that available soon. Until then, avail yourself of the support and FAQs provided by my HelpCenter team.
- Now relies on WordPress to provide JSON encode/decode functions (bumped the required version to WP 2.9).
- WP 3.0 compatibility fix for hashtags plugin (set default hashtags properly).
- WP 3.0 compatibility fix for creating duplicate post meta.
- Added support form to settings page.
The download and links to other resources are now available on the Crowd Favorite website.
This post is part of the project: Twitter Tools. View the project timeline for more context on this post.