- Lost in Translation – it’s often hard to read Rands’ posts as the constant nodding in agreement makes the words all jiggly.
- Craig Hockenberry on the Lodsys Patent Threat – That’s not the only slippery slope that iOS developers have to negotiate. There is also the changing terms and conditions of the app store itself. It’s far from a stable ecosystem, but maybe it shouldn’t be at this point.
- A link between climate change and Joplin tornadoes? Never! – The Washington Post – Whoever decided it should be called “global warming” didn’t do us any favors.
- Amazons Mac Downloads Store – “As a user, I like that its fully accessible from a Web browser. I can open tabs, copy and paste, find within the page, etc. Similarly, its much more pleasant to shop for Kindle books and Amazon Instant Video than to use Apples restrictive iBooks and iTunes Store interfaces.” Bingo.
- You Have Two Startups? You Have Two Failures. – this is basically why I sold WP HelpCenter. The business had very solid potential, but with my focus on Crowd Favorite I didn’t have time to help it grow and execute properly.
- Online Travel Booking Sucks. Hipmunk to the Rescue | Aarron Walter – I’ve been using Hipmunk quite a bit as well of late, for many of the reasons Aarron outlines here.
On Selling Crowd Favorite
On Friday Karim and I signed the final papers to bring my Crowd Favorite team together with his VeloMedia team. Whew! I’ve told the story of…