I’ve got some good ideas for speeding up the data entry in photos that I plan to put into the next version. I’ve been falling behind on my photo data entry so I might as well improve the process before spending the time to get the data in. 🙂
I’m going to get the current tasks development all wrapped up before changing gears and working on photos again, but here are some of the things I want to do in the upcoming releases.
- Upgrade to latest version of Exifer.
- Add support for Exposure in Canon 300D.
- Localization – the longer I wait, the more work it becomes.
- Bug fixes.
This could be photos 4.5:
- Support for groups/albums/rolls – however you want to call it.
- Add ‘browse’ bar w/ previous and next links.
- Adding data to multiple photos at once (editable list).
- Select multiple photos and change data about them (for example ‘indoor’ to ‘outdoor’).
- Improve image quality trying various techniques (imagecopyresampled).
This could be photos 5.0:
- Support for additional image formats.
- Export to web gallery applications.
- Slideshow export.
This could be Photos Pro 1.0:
- Multi-user support.
- Allow ‘browse only’/guest access.
- Support for linking photos together as ‘versions’ of the same photo (print version, web version, thumbnail, etc.).
This post is part of the project: Photos. View the project timeline for more context on this post.