- Verizon doesn’t realize what “degrade” means | corey gilmore’s blog – the network actually, yknow, works; but Verizon is far from perfect.
- On Comments, Links, and Raising the Bar of Discourse | GFMorris.com – I agree, however I also think that not enabling comments also forces a fragmentation of the conversation.
- Alex Payne The Moderate’s Position on iPad Openness –
You can be as cooly aloof as you like about the device, but it wont change the fact that its a fundamental step forward in computing. Many consumers can surely afford to sit this initial release out until the costs come down and the quality goes up. But if you work in tech, you should spend some time with an iPad. If it doesnt change the way you think about what you do, youre either a genius or an idiot.
- Sync multiple calendars to iPad with Google Sync | Eric Chengs Journal – I’m just using the Google Calendar web interface…
- tow.com blog Personal Reflections on the iPad – great photo of the Newton and iPad, I have the same case and keyboard.
- notentirely: George Takei and his husband, Brad… – Mike Monteiro cant blog
- Court Throws A Wrench Into FCC On ‘Net Neutrality’ : NPR – grumble…
- Twitter Introduces Gizzard Distributed Datastore Framework – very interesting.
- Daring Fireball: The iPad – great overview, as to be expected.
- iPad = Newton 3.0 at Ted Leung on the Air – I’m getting tempted to dust off my Newton as well. Loving all the Newton references.
- AdLib – Apples secret iPad web framework? – Almost Done – very interesting. (thanks Mark)
- tecosystems Finally: The Google Apps Marketplace Q&A – finally read this in Instapaper on the iPad. You should too.
Fragmentation of conversation is going to happen regardless. No one has solved the problem of distributed comments, and I think it’s a damnably hard one to solve.
[I should have finished thinking first.]
I think that the one way you can have good comments is to filter them yourself, like I think Matt does. That just seems like an awful lot of work on the administrator’s end, though.
[…] Around the web | alexking.org (tags: gfmorris_comment) […]