- Cut and Run, the Only Brave Thing to Do …a letter from Michael Moore
- Obama Calls On Iowa + The Religious Right
- Spanning Sync v1.0b3 Now Available – sync is one of those apps where I don’t want to be in on the beta.
- Anil Dash: Pay By The Hour – awesome! (thanks John)
- Warren Buffett Talks Class Warfare
- Walled Garden, Not Going Away
- Economical Grids? – great post from Matt, I’m curious how the costs go up at 10x or 100x the scale. My understanding is that Grids can scale up larger a little easier. I could be wrong though.
- You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? – yay for Pulse.
- Performance Research, Part 1: What the 80/20 Rule Tells Us about Reducing HTTP Requests
- Wii: first thoughts – this just sounds better and better.
- Jack Slocum’s Blog : Resizable Reloaded – A reusable component for resizing elements – wow, very slick! (thanks Ethan)
- Why Motivating People with Money Sucks – maybe not for motivation, but for attention and employment retention I think it’s essential. Otherwise, your self-starters start looking elsewhere.
- Day 2 With Google AdSense
My ultimate goal the last year and a half and with Google AdSense and independent consulting is to make enough independent income that I can freely create open source innovations, pursue ideas in the public interest without an employer wanting to control them, and create a more balanced lifestyle than is possible in a traditional computer job. This is why I created things like coworking, btw.
I should probably blog my thoughts on this topic at some point.
- [wp-hackers] Improving WordPress’ Performance WAS Changing MySQL minimum version – unfortunately, there’s a fair amount of truth in this.
- Steven Colbert Beats Women … with the Wii – Gizmodo
- Mod your Wii sensor bar to go wireless for $8 – Engadget – not sure I’d be brave enough for this, but if I got one it would be handy.
- Anti-Jotspot/Google Post Deleted Under Pressure – “take that post down” is pretty much a sure way to get folks to see it.
- Screencast: Ross Harmes’s YUI Bundle for Textmate
- [wp-hackers] Inline PHP doc comments – this is fantastic, perhaps I’ll start using Zend for my WP hacking as well (to take advantage of code hinting, etc.).
- [wp-hackers] 5 minutes to a faster blog – this should probably be put into the actual WP docs and on the development blog.
- Never Back to School
- Mike Beltzner: The New Media
- FAQTs – What is SCRIPT DEFER good for? – the Snap folks are using this, but it doesn’t seem to work all the time.
- The Gadgeteer – Apple iPod shuffle (2nd gen) – I wish I had a need for one of these.
- Don’t Fuck With Simple – interesting to see Yahoo spinning this as a win of sorts.
- For the True Fan, Baseball’s a Year Round Pursuit
- Kevin Rose confirms iPhone? – fun rumor, fun details.
Capsule, The Developer’s Code Journal
I’m very pleased today to announce the release of Capsule, the developer’s code journal. Capsule replaces the scratch document you have…