- Parenting, Data & Outcomes Johns Blog – “In that way, parenting is sort of like trying to operate a startup. You never have nearly the information you need to make decisions; and lots of times when youre trying to make certain decisions you not only dont even understand the implications of what youre deciding, but often dont even really understand the data that you think you do.”
- Turn Off Spaces Animation in OS X – oh thank diety!
- Jon Stewart – Daily Show – Wisconsin Protest | Mediaite – brilliant.
- Anatomy of a Crushing (Pinboard Blog) – “It was my experience that people approached an online purchase of six dollars with the same deliberation and thoughtfulness they might bring to bear when buying a new car.” (thanks DeWitt)
- Bill Simmons: Greed is good in NFL labor talks – ESPN – $10 year at 1M readers…
- Skim – not at all surprised that Dave has crayons on hand.
- Mozilla Moves On – Open Enterprise – I had a chance to meet some folks at Mozilla a few years back and I was knocked over by how outstanding they were.
- Dear Twitter – “Twitter has always grown on the back of outside innovation. Features like #hashtags, @username links and retweeting were all things that users came up with on their own to help manage the flow of information. Third-party clients and services built features on top of these conventions, and eventually they were folded into the core of the product.”
- MsgFiler 3.0.1 Now Available on the Mac App Store – great upgrade to a great app!
- Motorola Droid 3 leaks again with 5 Row Qwerty keyboard & dual core – looks like a good upgrade from the Droid 2, but sliding out the keyboard is the definition of friction.
- Heres Why Developers Are Scaring Twitter – with stats.
- Why Twitter Should Think Twice About Bulldozing the Ecosystem – I think this is a long term strategic mistake. I also don’t have to answer to Twitter’s investors.
- ongoing by Tim Bray Things about Blogging – great stuff here.
- The Death of the Album and Birth of Release – I’m looking forward to seeing what Ethan does next.
- Pineda Isnt Ready – some good observations here.
Capsule, The Developer’s Code Journal
I’m very pleased today to announce the release of Capsule, the developer’s code journal. Capsule replaces the scratch document you have…