This release as a few changes of note:
- Points to a new Social proxy URL. The old one will stop working on Jan 15th – make sure to upgrade before then.
- Potential work-around for crazy “security” settings on some hosts – I’m looking at you HostGator.
- Separate settings for Social’s WP-Cron feature and retrieving comments from Twitter and Facebook. Now you don’t have to enable retrieving social comments for Twitter Tools to pull in your tweets automatically.
- Improved comment date handling, including better i18n support.
- Match Facebook’s API changes for passing in images with broadcasts.
I think this is the best release of Social yet, I hope you enjoy it. If you have any issues, please post them in the WordPress support forum.
This post is part of the project: Social. View the project timeline for more context on this post.