Last week, I released a CSS Style Switcher hack that lets visitors easily change the look of the standard WordPress install by swapping out the CSS stylesheet. This is a great first step, but it would be even better if there were a number of different styles out there for people to use.
To this end, I’m sponsoring a CSS Style Competition for WordPress. Please blog about this to help spread the word.
Styles will be posted on my WordPress CSS Styles page as they are submitted. Visit this page to download example Styles.
- First Place
- Second Place
- Third Place
- All entrants
- Your style with your name and a link to your web site listed on my WordPress CSS Styles page under a ‘Contestants’ title.
- Your design must be an original work and you must release it under the GPL license (you retain copyright).
- You can enter as many different designs as you want.
- Your design must be for the default WordPress 1.0.1 template. Don’t forget the Comments section – click the ‘Comments’ link on the sample page to see that area.
- The styling should be done using cross-platform CSS techniques and can include images, etc. following the structure used for my CSS Style Switcher hack.
- Designs I deem to be offensive will not be included.
- You must submit your entry by 11:59pm PST, Friday February 6, 2004.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, February 9, 2004.
Let the games begin!
UPDATED 2004-01-26: Added additional prize money.
UPDATED (again) 2004-01-26: Feb 9th is Monday, not Feb 12th.
UPDATED (again) 2004-01-26: Added additional prize money.
UPDATED 2004-02-02: Added more prize money for 3rd place.